Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Pawtying like a rock pup! Happy 1st Birthday Solo!

My brother Solo is turning 1 on December 11th!
Happy Birthday to Solo Nho Xiu
I threw my brother a big birthday pawty on December 2nd in celebration of his first big milestone. We had cake, we ran around to dog music, and we got drunk on dog treats. We pawtied like rock pups with all of our doggy friends and had a wooftastic time!


My first paw step was to find a location for the pawty. Last year, mommy rented a room at Sweet Doggies for my 4th birthday. I wanted to mix things up and was determined to sniff out another great pawty location. One day my friend Clyde and I were talking on our iBones and he told me about 2 Feet & 4 Paws Forward Dog Training. He said they had a big room available for pawties and I should sniff it out. 

Lots of room for playing, running, and rolling!
A few days later, mommy drove us over to the facility to meet the owner and see the pawty room. Jennifer Underwood, owner and trainer, was very nice and let Solo and I sniff around the facilities. I wanted to make sure we had enough space to run around and sniff butt. Solo thought the room was furtastic for his pawty and I immediately reserved the room. Woof!


During the pawty all of our friends mentioned how much they loved the pawty room. It was a very rainy day, which made the indoor pawty even more special. All of our friends loved running around in the dry warm room. 2 Feet & 4 Paws Forward Dog Training was a purfect place for my brother's pawty. I will definitely be reserving the room again in the future.

Solo enjoyed his photo shoot with Vernon Jacobs
My second mission was to find a photographer. This was a no brainer since my favorite photographer is Vernon Jacobs. He is a wooftastic photographer and is very patient with each animal he photographs. I have posed for Vernon numerous times and each picture comes out purrfect. He is very talented and knows how to get each of my friends and I to look at the camera, make our ears stand up, and tilt our head.

Portraits by Vernon (408) 841-1698
Portraits by Vernon (408) 841-1698
My brother loved his very first photo session with Vernon. Vernon knows how to handle first time dog models and treated my brother with lots of patience. By the end of the event, Solo fell in love with Vernon and his photography skills. Vernon Jacobs is one of kind and we look forward to many more photo sessions with him in the future.

Portraits by Vernon (408) 841-1698

Portraits by Vernon (408) 841-1698
CLICK HERE to view additional Portraits by Vernon taken at Solo's birthday pawty.

Portraits by Vernon (408) 841-1698
I then ordered a pawesome cake from My Best Friend Specialty Pet Bakery. This was my first order with the bakery. I did not know what to expect since the cake would be shipped via USPS Priority Mail from San Diego, CA. I was afraid the cake might get smooshed in transit. After a wonderful conversation with owner, baker, and artist Natalie Marquardt, I was convinced that the cake would be delivered in great condition.

cake by My Best Friend Specialty Pet Bakery
I sent over a photo of my brother and Natalie painted a copy his face on the top of the cake. I could not believe my eyes when I saw the cake for the first time. It was beautiful and smelled delicious too. All of my friends at the pawty admired the cake. My friend Jun did not want to eat the cake at first because it had Solo’s face on it. She did not like the idea of eating Solo. However, she changed her mind quickly when mommy started cutting up the cake.

Abby and Ollie munching on cake.
We all are chowing down on doggie cake!
Bullet liked the cake too. Yum!
The peanut butter cake was moist and super yummy. All of my dog friends had a piece. Solo loved the cake so much he ate five pieces and helped clean his friends’ plates too. My Best Friend Specialty Pet Bakery made Solo a barkingly great cake. I cannot wait to order a cake for my birthday pawty in April… woof and a wink!

Biscuit Appetizer Bar
My last paw step was to buy yummy treats for the Biscuit Appetizer Bar. Solo and I wanted each of our dog friends to feel welcome and leave the pawty with full bellies and special treats. I ordered treats from Wag.com. Wag is a furbulous online store that sells treats, grooming items, food, clothing, and accessories. I order most of my food and grooming items from Wag. They always have affordable prices and shipping is usually free because I order in bulk.


I wanted to serve Solo’s favorite treats as appetizers. Here is a list of the items served on the Biscuit Appetizer Bar:

By the end of the pawty, Solo was handing out birthday favors and thanking his guests for coming. Solo had over 45 dog and human guests from two different RSVP lists attend his pawty. We both are very appreciative to our friends and their families for attending Solo’s first birthday. Solo enjoyed every minute of his pawty and is very grateful for all of the wonderful gifts. 

Solo loves all of his wonderful gift. Thank you so much!
I would also like to thank Boo Boo and his family for bringing the tasty eggrolls to Solo’s pawty. You rock, Boo Boo! Woof woof!


The pawty was a huge success! We all pawtied until we could not pawty anymore. We cannot wait until the next birthday pawty. Until then, keep wandering!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRO!
Who are we wearing?  Solo wore a Winter Wonderland Vest and I wore a Kelsey Vest. Both vests are made by Ruff Ruff Couture. Mommy purchased our vests from Okashi Barkery. There were many stylish outfits at the pawty. If you know the designer of your outfit or your accessories, please include the information in the comment section below. We would love to know who you wore and where you bought the items.
Solo’s Birthday Pawty Playlist!  I put together this playlist for my brother’s birthday. I purchase all of these on iBark and played them on my iBone during the pawty.
  • Hound Dog by Elvis Presley
  • Wags the Dog, He Likes to Tango by The Wiggles
  • Atomic Dog by George Clinton
  • Scoobie Doo by The Mother Goose Singers
  • Who Let the Dogs Out by Baha Men
  • The Doggie Dance by Farmer Jason
  • The Doggie in the Window by Patti Page
  • Dog’s Life by Eels
  • D-O-G by Justin Roberts
Solo says, "I LOVE MY BDAY PAWTY!"
Who is the puparrazi?  Thanks to the puparrazi I was able to include candid photos from the event. The pupparrazi is made up of Ray,  Edith, Vanessa, Marlene, and my grandma. Thanks pupparrazi! We would not be famous dogs if it were not for your stalking photo techniques. CLICK HERE to view additional puparrazi photos from the pawty.

2 comments:

  1. WOW !! this was our first but not my last Yorkie meetup I have attended . Everything was great, Sharkie really enjoyed him self :)
    thank you

    The Quintero Clan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the shout out! WOOF WOOF! That was awesome. You are very welcome for the egg rolls. Hope Solo liked his owl toy. Boo Boo also said she had tons of fun at the pawty! She loved every minute of it.

    We are so lucky to have such a great group of Yorkie lovers. I can't imagine a more fun and friendly group. Thank you for organizing all the events. We are also lucky to have a great planner!

    Chewy and Solo... you guys ROCK! See you Sunday!

    - Edith, Charmaine & Boo Boo

    ReplyDelete