Wednesday, July 4, 2012

InDOGpendence Day! Wave your paws and sniff out those red, white, and blue treats!

What a great day to be a dog!  The 4th of July is not just for humans.  There is lots to sniff and see if you are celebrating InDOGpendence Day, woof woof! I explained, to my brother Solo, that InDOGpendence Day commemorates the day our canine forefathers signed the Dog's Declaration of Independence. This occurred simultaneously with the human's signing of their own Declaration of Independence. Which ever declaration you follow, there is plenty to do on 4th of July.

Happy InDOGpendence Day!
My family and I started off the day with a quick and yummy breakfast. I ate breakfast with the family while introducing my brother to my favorite eatery in Los Altos, Village Pantry. Dogs are always welcome on the outdoor patio.  The bacon is really really really really good! We walk off breakfast with a quick stroll around downtown Los Altos.  There are lots of pet/human stores to visit.  We did a little shopping and took advantage of some barkingly good sales.

We love to stroll around downtown Los Altos
After breakfast and some light shopping, we headed to Half Moon Bay to watch the Ol' Fashion 4th of July Parade.  I love parades.  I like to walk in parades and watch them too. I had fun participating in the 2010 Sunnyvale Howl'oween Pet Parade.  My mom, aunties, uncles, my chihuahua friend Coco and I dressed up as pirates.  I dressed as Jack Sparrow and I got to ride on the float.

Sunnyvale Howl'oween Pet Parade 2010 - Our pirate group won second place!
I thought about my days as a pirate during our drive to Half Moon Bay. I kept my head out the window for most of the car ride too.  I wanted to be the first one to smell and see Half Moon Bay. My bro, on the other paw, was tired after breakfast and took a nap during our drive to and from Half Moon Bay. He is still getting used to my life of traveling, shopping and eating.  It's a dog-gone hard life but some canine has to live it. Why not Solo and I?!?

Dude, my bro is passed out!
This is Solo's first parade and my first time watching the Ol' Fashion 4th of July Parade. I am not a fan of the loud music but Solo seemed to like the live band while they played The Star-Spangled Banner.  I think Solo was humming the song too.


We waited and sniffed and waited and sniffed. Then, OMD! There are dogs in the parade! Woof, howwll! Solo was really excited and barked in joy when the dogs walk by in their red, white, and blue outfits.

Pooches on Parade!  Woof woof!
I told mommy that Solo and I will be walking in next year's parade.  We want to join Pooches on Parade.  They hold a Yappy Hour a few days before the parade, let you dress up in festive costumes, and you get to walk in the parade with other furbulous canines.  What could be better than wearing sparkly outfits, waving my paw to the crowd and making my bro wear a red, white, and blue bikini. OK, maybe not a bikini but I will definitely be in charge of picking out his outfit. Lick and a wink!

Dogs in red, white, and blue!
The entire day was furtastic! The drive home was fast and we got lots of treats and tummy rubs when we arrived home.  Solo and I hope every dog has a pawsome and safe InDOGpendence Day.

Keep wandering.

Who are we wearing? Solo and I are wearing matching striped red, white, and blue shirts by Dear Dog.  My mom purchased the shirts from Happy Go Lucky Dog Boutique.  I have not been able to confirm the designer and the name of the shirt on my new iBone. Feel free to leave me a comment if you have more information about the shirt or the designer (website, contact info, additional retailers).

No comments:

Post a Comment